Enhance and restore your features with this non-surgical treatment.Request a consultation
Free radical damage can break down our skin's natural fillers which include collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid. Dermal fillers can be used to non-surgically replace this lost volume.
The fillers used at Allure Medical Aesthetics are made from Hyaluronic acid; a synthetic version. Hyaluronic acid is naturally found in our skin and some tissues to make it plump.
There are several options to choose from as well as many different injecting techniques. For example, the filler that you would use to inject under your eyes (tear trough area), is quite thinner or more fluid like than a filler used along the jaw line, which would be firm and dense to hold it's shape. Fillers may be injected with a syringe or with a blunt and flexible cannula.
Various types and brands may be selected to treat:
• thinning lips
• lost volume in cheeks
• sunken area under eye (tear troughs)
• lines around mouth and/or jaw area (nasolabial folds, marrionette lines)
• in some instances, it can be used to augment a nose (known as a liquid rhinoplasty)
Our Goal as injectors is to provide you with natural looking results using the best suited fillers for the task at hand. Our fillers are all Health Canada approved with proven safety and efficacy. We work closely with the pharmaceutical companies that we purchase from to receive training, updated clinical information and new products.
You cannot have Dermal Fillers if:
• you are allergic to dermal filler or any of it's components (such as lidocaine)
• you have an active infection in the area to be injected
• you are feeling unwell, or have a fever
• you have had other medical aesthetic treatments recently
• you have had a dental procedure within the last 2 weeks
• you are planning to fly within 2 weeks after your treatment
• you have a bleeding disorder
• you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Although this procedure is much less invasive than surgery, there are some possible side effects such as:
Although some amount of swelling is expected after injections, there are ways to reduce the possibility of swelling, redness and bruising.
• minimize alcohol consumption for 3-14 days before your treatment
• avoid taking certain supplements and medication before the injections:
• Stop taking Aspirin and any other kinds of anti-inflammatory medications for a few days before your appointment
• Stop all herbal supplements such as fish oil, ginkgo, ginseng, St. John’s Wort, garlic pills, etc. (a multi-vitamin is ok to continue).
• Always discuss any history of allergies and current medications you are taking with your provider.
• you may wish to start taking arnica before the treatment. Arnica montana is a natural supplement which helps to reduce swelling and bruising. Starting the supplement the day prior to the procedure and continuing after the procedure is recommended.
If you are prone to COLD SORES please let us know before your treatment. You may need to take anti-viral medication which can be prescribed by our Nurse Practitioner.